Maintaining data in a legacy application whilst porting this to AX

Hi

I have a challenge which I am wondering if someone else has faced the same challenge. We have some heavily customised sections of our AX deployment and we are doing a phased country by country approach to migrating over the users to the new systems. This means we need to double data enter things like products in one system to keep both applications going. I am wondering if anyone has built or used some functionality or other third party products to keep this sort of functionality going.

The approach we are looking for should not include heavy development to get the data into AX if possible. The solution for our product maintaince in AX has been changed so its not a standard deployment. I am wondering if any tools exist which would allow us to feed some regular updates from the legacy system and send this onto the AX system. I have seen an application like Dataloader which seems to lean towards an oracle implementation but basic testing shows it seems to work on a field by field basis for filling in the data from a excel type format. We would potentially have up to 10,000 updates running at one time during the day.

If we dont find anything that could work as a direct plug into AX I am thinking we will have to do some serious development to get this data into the system ,

Any thoughts or solutions you have used in the past would be happily received ,

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter,

To import largescale data into DAX regularly, you might want to look at following products -

Hope this helps,

Hi

Thanks for your help on this , I will check both of these solutions out you mention ,

thanks

Peter