Limit Purchaser to One Vendor/GL Account in BC 21 On-Prem

We would like to limit a purchaser to only be able to create POs for one vendor in our system? Is this possible in base BC without customization? If this is not possible, is it possible to limit that purchaser to just one G/L Account out of the box?

Hey Brad, did you try responsibility centers? Might be quick and easy depending on what other access this purchaser requires.

If the goal is truly a 1-1 ratio of Purchaser to Vendor, the best way to handle it would be a Security Filter. Each User would have a Security filter for their specific Vendor. This allows you expand a Purchasers access to more than one Vendor as well.

You would use a Security Filter to limit the User to a G/L Account as well.

Responsibility Center would be more useful if the Purchasers were dealing with a group of Vendors, otherwise you’re adding a Responsibility Center per Vendor or per User. With Configuration Packages this wouldn’t be too hard to update.

Tom, thank you. I did not look into this, but I will take a look.

Ben, thank you for the suggestion about the security filter. I think this might be the route I go. This is a one-off scenario that we won’t typically have, but it is something we’re looking at now for one particular user and vendor. I appreciate your help.