Licencing / Dev (End User Developer) in Business Central

Hi,

Please excuse me if this isn’t the correct place to ask this question.

I’m an in-house developer for a company currently using NAV 2009 R1, and due to our current granules I am able to write C/AL within Reports, XML Ports and Data ports.

I’m looking to understand, based on the current architecture and licencing for on-prem BC, what I will be able to write in A/L. I understand about partners and if we ever do go this route we most likely will (continue to) have one. So far I’ve found this blog www.dynaexperts.com/…/, but the information is both scattered and contradictory.

Does anybody know the current state of play and the best place to look for this kind of licencing? I don’t mean the ‘We need this tier for this kind of end user functionality’, but more from an integration developer’s perspective.

Personally I have a feeling I will be asking many, many more questions. It looks like a hard road ahead.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

For BC onprem compared to NAV onprem, not much have changed (except the change from concurrent to named users).

You still need to “buy” objects (currently free in the cloud).

The best place to look for licensing, is to contact your partner. That’s what you pay them for! [emoticon:c4563cd7d5574777a71c318021cbbcc8]

But you’re right so far that it’s a big confusing, and when it comes to licensing partner extensions (i.e. from AppSource) then it’s really not possible yet. You need to go via your partner.

OK, thanks. More questions to come:-)