Lenght Variable text

I Have a texto variable lenght 1000 tha keeps several Invoice numbers.

In report section he variable is too extensive and does not show all invoice numbers. I change property Multiline = Yes but the problema continues.

What else can I do, to print all data in my variable?

Thanks

Changing the control that will display the value of this 1000-character variable so that the multi-line property is true is a necessary component of the solution, but it is not sufficient to completely resolve the issue. You must also grow the size (dimensions of length and width) of the control so that it can display 1000 characters. Now that’s the answer to the question you’ve asked. May I now ask you a question?

Why are you storing multiple document numbers in a single variable? This goes against just about every programming principle we’ve ever learned. I believe that your best long-term solution is one that involves storing one document number per variable, whether it be a table field or an array element, and then processing those variables accordingly. This approach resolves the problems of wasted space in the 1000-character variable when the value is only a few characters, eliminates the overhead of parsing the elements in the list and trying to manipulate the values (like finding smallest or largest value, sorting the list, determining whether a specific value exists in the list, etc.), eliminates the failure point when the length of the values in the variable exceeds 1000 characters, etc.

Personally, I’d much prefer to see you spending your time on re-architecting your data model than on forcing your square peg into a round hole.

Just my perspective, IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

It also depends on which version of NAV this is about? RTC reports works quite differently from classic reprots.

Hi,

Just increase the height and width of the control, then it will work fine.