Inventory dimension Warehouse must be specified. Update has been cancelled. An error occurred during update

Hi,

According to one of my client requirement who are non profit organization wish to post a sales order with some service items without any inventory handling mechanism.

When I am trying to post Test item with storage dimension group (newly created) “Site” where Site and Warehouse both are active by default during creation and only for Site Physical and Financial Inventory is active.

but still If I am not selecting the Warehouse in Sales order line it is giving me below error. (Site is mandatory to select).

This issue happening for the Legal Entity B only. For Legal entity A Storage dimension group is still selected as “SWL” combination but Sales order is posting by just giving “Site” as Inventory dimension in sales order line.

Please suggest how do I resolve this issue or if there is any way to stop inventory transaction for service items. Thank you.

In a test environment, check and see if you can, in Legal Entity A, create a new storage dimension group that has only site active. I’m thinking the UI recently changed to prevent people from making selections that Microsoft deems as not best practice.

Does the item belong to an item model group that has the “stocked product” checkbox disabled? That should stop inventory transactions from happening.