Dimension Group

Hi,

I have an item which is having an issue with Inventory Dimension Group.

in our System we have 2 Dimension groups

1. WH for which Warehouse dimension is mandatrory

2. SRV (for service items) for which Warehouse dimension is NOT Mandatory (nothing is mandatory)

By mistake a regualar inventory item was assigned the wrong Dimension group (SRV), now we want to change it from SRV to WH.

There has been a single transaction on this item a, Production order was completed (ENDED) and now when we try to change the dimension, system says

“THE NEW DIMENSION GROUP CANNOT BE ASSIGNED. OTHER FINANCIAL DIMENSIONS APPLY AND PHYSICAL INVENTORY TRANSACTIONS MIGHT EXIST AND/OR FINANCIAL INVENTORY TRANSACTIONS ARE NOT FULLY SETTLED”

Regards

The microsoft recommended process is to create a new item.

You could rename the old one and then transfer stock out, book in as a new (old number) and then carry on.

The dimension group is key - one field that once set with a transaction you “should” not change. However I beleive if you wrote off all the stock you could change it in your circumstance, but it is not recommended.

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to rename the Item Code itself?

if so please tell me how?

regards

Right Mouse Click, Record Info, Rename.

Thanks Mr. Adam.

It is resolved

The transactions will be settled when the inventory is closed - That means you can change the Dimension Group only after closing Inventory.