Integration between AX 2012 with 2009

Hi All,

I know there’s a connector for AX (mbs.microsoft.com/…/mdax_dynamicsconnector)) but it seem just between CRM and AX 2009/2012.

Is there any tool for integration between AX 2009 and 2012?

“An integration” can mean million different things. Please explain your functional requirements.

Sync inventTable, CustTable records, sales, purchase orders. At this time we intended to use business connector and web services. But if there would be a more simplier and faster way, we would be prefer.

All right, we now know a few tables you want to do something about. Now: what do you want to do with them?

We have to sync updates from AX 2009 server to AX 2012 with CustTable, InventTable and Barcodes.

Also we have to move created Sales and Purchase orders between AX 2009 and AX 2012 servers.

Actually our company group uses AX 2009 and AX 2012 servers. We have a new warehouse center and that center will use AX 2012 new WMS with a standalone AX 2012 server. We have to just send/receive orders and so of course should update customers and items.

Please tell us more. Do I understand correctly that you need two-way sync? How quickly do you need to sync data from one system to another?

Talking about WMS, it seems to me that you’re missing many crucial tables, namely inventory transactions and all around them, inventory dimensions (warehouse locations, pallets, serial numbers) and so on. You have to think carefully about what you actually need.

Don’t forget that the data model differs between AX 2009 and AX 2012, therefore you’ll need some business logic handling the transformation. DIXF might help you to do some parts of it.

If you integrate an ERP with a specialized WMS system, you focus only on data and events related to WMS, therefore is doesn’t have to care about all details in AX. Synchronizing two different versions of AX for this purpose looks much more complicated, so I wonder why anybody chose this approach.

We don’t need sync locations, serial numbers or license plates (new WMS uses license plates, not palettes). Main company just know how many items at warehouse, they don’t need more further information. Main company says wms I bought 5pcs A item, that’ll be come tomorrow. So company sends that purchase order to WMS. If some item’s some fields changed, main company sends to WMS live, if there’s no connection succesfull with main company and WMS, that inventory change cannot be committed. That’s a one way connection. From main company to WMS. also sales and purchase orders will be sent between WMS and main company with delayed connections, two ways… Main company will say “send 20 A, 30 B items to customer C” to WMS, WMS will say “OKEY, but I have just 20 A and 15 B”. That’s all what we need.

I suppose AX WMS solution is written by pure X++ so we can customise it. I think this’s why they choosed AX WMS system. There are a few AX 2009 and 2012 companies in our group will use that WMS. So we have to use different AX versions. In the future they would be use same AX versions (probably 2015), but there’s no time at this time.