Incorrect Inventory Decrease After Posting Packing Slip

Hi,

I had created a sales order for an item with quantity 5. I simultaneously checked the inventory status, the inventory had 180 items. I began the process of posting and when I posted the packing slip, the ultimate impact on inventory was just of quantity 1! It usually works fine but I don’t understand why it decreased just by 1 last time, what wrong did I do?

Regards,

Abhinay

Hi,

Are you using different unit of measure for inventory and sales?

On the sales line what was the stock quantity the system calculated? Also is there any deliver remainder?

Hi,

No, the units are the same in both the entries.

Regards,

Abhinay

The stock quantity was 10.

I think the reason is, I posted confirmation twice, and now when I’m checking it in SO->Inquiries->Confirmation, I see two records. Does this make any difference?

Regards,

Abhinay

Posting confirmation doesn’t increases or dicreases inventory. The status on inventtrans remains same.

Can you check the transaction of that item.

Pranav…

The transactions show one entry with quantity as (-1)

Which field are you reading the stock quantity from? I want the quantity on teh setup tab of the sales line. Any deliver remainder on the quantity tab? If your units are the same how do you have a sales quantity of 5 impacting a stock quantity of 10?

Hi Adam,

The quantity in the setup tab is ‘1’ and deliver remainder field is null.

Sorry, my bad [:(] , I referred to the wrong SO, the stock quantity is ‘5’.

Can you post a picture of the sales line transaction and the sales line quantity tab? The obvious possibility is there is a modification in there doing this.

Hi Adam,

The following is the sales line inventory transaction form screen shot:

And the sales line quantity tab:

So you invoiced 1, delivered 1 and the stock updated 1. All is fine. If the line quantity says 10 then the user ran the deliver remainder and cancelled the back order. No issues here for me.