Import Vendor, Customers with Addresses

I have a question, I don´t know how to upload Vendor and Customers with their multiple Addresses and Contacts Persons. What are the steps to do this, because I couldn´t find the relation between the tables.

What are the tables that I should fill to achieve this? , and what steps I should do ?

I´m stuck in the table Address, I don´t know how the relation is between this table and with CustTable and VendTable, how to insert this addresses in those tables?

I´m new in Dynamics AX, just a couple of months

Regards to All

Arturo

This tells you how to do it.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KbDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYSZRRNOTTUKOOSTLLWSKMMQVYLSLNWRUS&wa=wsignin1.0

I don’t know this kind of information will be available in partner source - any way thanks Adam…(for your info)

Hi Adam,

Thank´s for your info, but still I have a doubt that I hope you can help me.

For example to import additional addresses for the customer, there are a few steps that I don´t know how to do. Step 6 I don´t know how to expand Customer because only Adresses fields are available. Step 7, how can I select an additional field from the customer? the same doubt of step 6.

1. In the Navigation Pane, click Administration, expand Periodic, expand Data export/import, expand Excel spreadsheets, and then click Template Wizard.
2. In the Excel Template Wizard, click Next.
3. In the File name field, enter the name of the file that you want to use, and then click Next.
4. On the Select tables page of the wizard, click to select the Show all tables option, select Address in the Available objects area, click the > button to insert the object into the Selected objects area, and then click Next.
5. On the Generate fields list page of the wizard, click Next.
6. On the Select fields page of the wizard, expand Customer, and then click to select the fields that you want to import to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
7. Select an additional field that is a string that you are not using currently. For example, click to select the Carrier account number check box.
8. Click Next.
9. Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the import.
10. Find the Excel spreadsheet that you created in step 3, and then fill in the data that you want to import.

Note The table ID of the main table for the CustTable table is 77. The table ID of the main table for the VendTable table is 505.
11. Set the Reference field to 0.

For the additional Customer account number field that you added to the spreadsheet, enter the customer account number.

Regards

Arturo

Never done it, never followed it - you will need to ask Microsoft if anything they have written confuses you or does not work - sorry!