How to Import the data in Item Journal Line Table through Data Port

I want to insert the data in ITEM JOURNAL LINE Table through Data Port. Please tell me what will the coding.

I wan to Insert the data

Item No.

Posting Date

Quantity

How long are you working with NAV?
Did you get training in NAV?
Did you get training in NAV development?

Depending on the answers to these questions the answer to your request would vary [:)]

I have been working on NAV(3.7 and 4.0) for 5 years

Yes i have got the training in Nav

but not in development.But doing development by my self with my own efforts.

So you are familiar with the item journal line, I assume. For programming an import you need to know which fields are the fields that at least need manually filling if you use an item journal. For not very specific requirement these are posting date, entry type, a document no., item no., a location (if used), a quantity and the belonging unit of measure. If you manually enter these in an item journal line, the fields are validated. This means additional information is generated in the background. Also some fields are automatically filled if you manually enter a line like Journal Template Name, Line No., (Source Code), Journal Batch Name. You need to keep that in mind and populate all the above information on generating an item journal line with a dataport, validating the fields so that the journal line dimensions are also populated. Are you using bins and other warehouse informations? Additional thoughts are required then…

So now you might think about dataporting, but I would recommend that you have a NAV experienced developer at your side for the first steps or get the appropriate training for NAV development somewhere[:)] This is then a starting point, but NAV development, doing it NAV style, needs some experience.