How to edit, view the *.zup file

Hello user group, does anybody know how to edit the *.zup file? With the notepad editor for example ist doesn´t work. I think the *.zup file contains an Database. So has anybody an idea which programm can help to view/edit the content auf this file? Thanks for your answers. Greetings, Thorsten Gudelius

you cannot modify it in a “normal” way i think. i tried once to change the “tooltip”-bit by an external program but it only worked in 2 of 3 trys. when you have a look in different zup-files which are used a longer time you will see that their is chaos inside.

Anyone selling a zup-editor would probably make a fortune out of it… The zup file is a binary file which you can edit in any hex-editor (not Notepad) - the only problem is that nobody knows its structure [:(]. The only thing you can reasonably do with the zup file is to delete it [:)]

Zup files are like cheap portable CD players - You are better off binning them and getting a new one rather than waste your time trying to find a way to fix them…[:D]

Edward, that has got to be the BEST definition of a ZUP file ever! [:D][:D][:D]

Why do you want to edit a .zup file in the hard way? (which i think is not possible)… while you can easily DELETE the existing .zup file and the new .zup file is CREATED autmatically [:D]

The editor for Zup-files is called … Navision ! Start up the editor, and go to the setting you wish to change, and change it. Works every time [:D]

quote:

Originally posted by Lennart Nielsen
Works every time [:D]

Well, sometimes it doesn’t. That’s why we all want a zup-editor… [:D]