How to change the invoice date?

Hi,

How can I change the financial invoice date after I have posted the invoice (in purchase orders)? E.G. I have posted the invoice on the 1st of October, but I need it to be 31st of September. Is there anything I can do?

Nothing you can do once an invoice is posted. Raise a purchase return order for the same date, invoice it, then load a purchase order and post the new invoice as of the correct dates.

Rather than going for Return Item Purchase order - i think creating the same line with negative qty and posting the invoice will be better(Because it needs a RMA number - which is used as reference number while returning the material to vendor) - correct me if i am wrong.

Why do you need to change the invoice date? If it 's just for payment purposes (due date calculation) then you could change the due date and the discount dates in the open transaction editing form (see functions button on the purchase order header).

I need to change it, because packing slip and invoice have to be in the same month. Now accountant is closing september, and I have some invoices in October that should be in September.

I guess I´ll have to try the abovementioned ways, thanks.

I wanna change too, because in my payterm setting is oke.but I dont know whay,the due date original and the due date update different with other line.

I want to change original due date too by changing in AOT. But I dont know, what the effect if I change it in AOT…

Someone can explain to me???

Thanx for help,learn together is better…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It is illegal and open to corruption and fraud, so I would recommend you do nothing to alter posting dates in the AOT.

Yuph…thanx lot dear All…

Dear Adam,

Your point is valid million times [Y]

regards

Hi…

I had to change the posted invoice date for a purchase order as there was no option to make a return order due to the strict rules from government and relevant documents are required to be registered from all the parties…

as the posted invoice was on a wrong date and just the date was required to be updated i changed the date in the following tables:

• VendInvoicejour

• Vendinvoicetrans

• Inventtrans

• ledgertrans

• Vendinvoicepurchlink

• Vendtrans

After this update i did the inventory closing to check whether the value will come in the inventory closing and it works fine… we actually back dated the invoice date and did the closing for the previous year. Everything looks fine… i wouldn’t suggest to do this if you have an option of return order …but if there is no option then go ahead … it worked for me … try this at your own risk :slight_smile:

Regards

Reddy

Hi,

Can you tell us what was the strict rules? That has not been defined in any of the accounting standard as i remeber.

I will never ever suggest to change the dates at table level.

Pranav

FYI I tried this on Ax2009…

So just to clarify you want the ability to report figures to the government and then go into the base tables and amend the data negating any legal declaration and creating no audit trail?

This is in Iran…they dont follow the accounting standards as prescribed in the books…they have there own way of accounting…which is the very reason all of the Ax clients here is software which is developed in Iran for their financial reporting…anyways its upto you whether its required to be changed or you can pass a return order … no compulsion as such you have to follow it…

This is in Iran…they dont follow the accounting standards as prescribed in the books…they have there own way of accounting…which is the very reason all of the Ax clients here use software which is developed in Iran for their financial reporting…anyways its upto you whether its required to be changed or you can pass a return order … no compulsion as such you have to follow it…

We’ll the reason we had to do this is because there is no actual return order for which we have the documents which can suffice the documentary requirements as per the country law…2 they use a different software which is as per the standards here and they will not post a invoice on wrong dates …the data is posted only after final confirmation and will not be changed after that… since we had to change only the dates we did that in Ax and send the voucher to the other system with correct dates to match both systems. till now i did’nt find any issue either in closing inventory or any other transactions or reports…also they dont have to worry bout vouchers number etc which is also a big deal here…