How to change payment terms in posted invoice

Hello! Forum:

I recently posted a invoice and my boss had agreement with customer to agree we will give them 1% discount and change payment term from 30 days to 10 days. I try to credit memo this invoice by copying document and issue a new one, but the inventory is back. I don’t want the inventory back! because the item is not returning. I only wanna change the discount and payment term. Is what I did wrong? Is any other way to just change the discount and payment term without affect the inventory number?

Thanks for your help!!

Hi Andy,

You cannot change an invoice which has already been posted. Neither your auditor nor Navision will let you do that. The only thing you can change on a already posted invoice is to change the due date manually on the customer ledger entry.

The only correct way to do this is to create a credit memo and a new invoice.

You say it changes your inventory when you credit. Yes, but when you create the new invoice, then it change it back again.

Hi! Erik :

Thank you for your reply.

I know I can’t do anything about the posted invoice. But I don’t know I can change the due date manually on the customer ledger entry. What do you mean by “manually”? I’ve found the customer ledger entry. but I can’t change the due date. should I go to the table using object designer, find the record and change it in the table? or is there any function to do that?

And, if I can just change the payment due date, can I issue a credit memo to credit the 1% money back to customer? so I don’t have to credit everything and affect the inventory. (Because I have customized funtions relating to inventory but it’s design doesn’t consider the returning. The inventory increase by credit memo cause the returning quantity not be shipped out again.)

Hi Andy,

By manually, then I mean manually. Open the Cust. Ledger Entry form directly from the Customer card - on the Due Date field press F2 (Edit). And then you can change it.

If the customer would be ok with a credit memo for the 1% then I would say it was ok. Just remember to apply it to right accounts.