How can we restore Deleted Class

Hai Team,

unfortunatly i deleted one class in AOT,i.e created by User only.is there any way to RESTORE that class.And where can we get the all deleted objects in AX2009.These are stored in any where?

[Y]

Hi Naresh,

In standard AX without version control, it is not possible to restore objects once it gets deleted.

Obviously if version control is enabled and in use, the objects can be restored.

Did you backup your application files?

Maybe you can restore your customisation aod file to a new environment and try to find it over there :-s

Hi Harish,

How can we check this VCS in AX 2009

Thanks

Hai bobby,

in the AX appliction ToolBar menu, u find the VCS button it is the before of AOT.U open the VCS and select the VCS as Morphx VCS.And Enable The Source controlstatus.For more information See The development-III documents “Working with Devolopment Tools”

Hai Sir,

My VCS is alredy in running(enabled) mode.Then how can we restore objects.

Hai Philippe,

Thanks For Reply,could u please tell me How to take the backup of My application files.

Hai Harish ,

i found one object in configuration keys called sysdeletedObjects40 & 41 but when i am trying to add to VCS it says an Error “Wrong Application Layer” plz help me

Hi,

Regarding VSS you can fine more detailes in the below link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa641378.aspx

Naresh.

Hai Naresh,

Thanks For Reply But i would like to know about restore the deleted objects

Hi,

As harish told it cannot be restored once the object is deleted.

By using VSS it can be retained the object.

Naresh.

Check if you can still fin your class in UtilElements table. Go to AOT → System Documentation → [Tables] → find UtilElements table-> open in [Table Browser] and filter records by column name according to your classes name.

By the way - sysdeletedObjects40 config key, which you are trying there, has nothing to do with your recently deleted object. It meant for disabling DEL_* objects from older application versions (for example since code upgrade).