granule for edit table?

what must i have , if i want to edit/update table…

because while i edit the value form table Sales Shipment Header (ID : 110)

it would be an error message said “Sales Shipment Header Cannot be Modified In This Form”

another option to modify that table, through form i create by my self

jus say it form 50050, if i want to modify field, it would be an error message said “You Don’t Have Permission to Modify records in Sales Shipment Header”

do you have any idea , what granule mus be added to my navision license?

Granule 7,300 Solution Developer will do

Better you have 7,300 and 7,400 Custom Area Objects.

Stan,

The Sales Shipment Header is a locked table. This means that you need the special Solution Developer granule (as Walter wrote - although I’m not even sure you can modify it with this granule). Other tables like that are the Ledger Entry tables, Sales Invoice Header/Lines etc. That is tables that a normal user should be prevented from editing, even with access to the normal table designer. Simply to prevent the system from changes that should be prevented. Otherwise the table can only be modified indirectly, ex. by the posting codeunits.

Direct modifications of these tables should always be prevented, as the consistency of the system might be questioned. Actually you would get a lot of problems with your company’s auditors if you allowed direct modifications.

Other tables, like Customer table, you can modify directly without any problem.

7400… what granule is that?

yes i already know that Sales Shipment Header is locked table, because it came from Sales Header Which is posted by user

(For your Information , I have Table Designer (7130) so i could modify or add field)

first I add field PO at Sales Shipment Header, and then I want to edit it from Form that I made…

ok thanks for your answer, then i shoul have Granule Solution Developer…

Solution Developer granules it’s easy to identify. It’s the most expensive [:)]

You need a developer license, because, along with form, you need to modify codeunit 391, which has the permissions to udtate the table.