Permission error compiling a report

I have a problem with a client that can not compile a report, they get the message ‘You do not have permission to write in the Sales Shipment Header Table. Contact your system manager if you need to have your permissions changed’. Both the report and the database login has had full permissions for Sales Shipment Header added explicitly. Thanks Roddy

quote:

Both the report and the database login has had full permissions for Sales Shipment Header added explicitly.
Originally posted by Roddy - 2005 Jul 05 : 17:46:00

Hi Roddy, the reason you cannot compile is that (I guess) the report is modifying the Sales Shipment Header directly (without using a codeunit with a “special” permission). With a basic license, or better NOT a developer license, you are NOT allowed to modify some tables (e.g. G/L entries, C/L entries, Sales Shipment Header, Sales Shipment line etc.). So you either can modify/restructure your report using a codeunit-call to modify the table (so the customer can modify and compile the report with the customer license) or you have to compile the report with a developer license. As far as I remember you need granule 7400 Custom Area Objects to modify this tables.

Actually you don’t even need to try to modify the record. Simply adding permission requires a full Developer license.

Is it granule 7400 Custom Area Objects or granule 7300 Solution Developer?

Solution developer. It does not matter what level of table permission you have to protected tables.

I thought so, too. Thanks for the confirmation.