Getting started - Any good advices and resources?

Hi Fox,

At the moment I’m student at a Danish business collage and now I’ve decided to learn the basics of Dynamics Nav, AX and CRM to get the basis knowledge to my time in the “real business life”.

Does anyone have any good advices on where to start, how to get trail software and so on?

Woops! I know the basic of Windows 2003 server, SQL 2005 and the other Microsoft basic products – So my question is only minded on how to get started with Microsoft Business Solution.

Thanks,

K. Ulvedal

Hi Ulvedal,

This site would be a good place to get started! [;)]

I’ll suggest that you go to the download area and download the demo version of Dynamics NAV 5.0. If you have access to a MSDN subscription (might be available at your school), then you can also get demo versions of AX and CRM here.

1. Find a business problem (i.e., find out why it takes the so long for the A/R manager to call for collection)
  2. Learn the specific area of NAV where this applies (in our example, it would be under the Financial Management → Receivables)
  3. Enter transactions in the specific area until you puke
  4. Address the business problem (the A/R manager needs faster info retrieval when they’re on the phone with customer)
  5. Resolve business problem with NAV (either train shortcut keys or make a new screen so all information that A/R manager needs is on one screen)

Hope this helps.