Getting Overflow under type conversion of Code to Code on Post & Print

One of our users is getting an error on screen 42 Sales Order when she goes to Posting-> Post & Print-> Ship & Invoice.

Overflow under type conversion of Code to Code .

Value:ORDSO-RW182-1510…1540

I looked under Cal-Globals on the form design and I don’t see any Code type variables.

We post&print all the time and this is the first time I’ve seen this error pop up.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Hi

Go to Tools->DEbugger->Active (tick it)

& then try to post it.

Problem is that at the time of posting one of the field length is more then the other in which it is flowing.

Value:ORDSO-RW182-1510…1540 (let say in table it’s length is 20) & in other table when you are flowing this field just check the field length.

Hope it’s help.

DEbugger will help you on the exact location of the error.

Hi Greg,

What does this number look like? An item number?

To me it looked like someone might have been entering a wrong code somewhere trying to actually create a filter for:

‘ORDSO-RW182-1510’ to ‘ORDSO-RW182-1540’

This is the actual Sales Order.

SO-RW182-1510…1540

For some reason they put … in the Sales Order number. Maybe that is what is messing it up.

Greg

Ok, but are your normal sales order numbers created automatically (using number series) or are the users entering them manually?

SO-RW182-1510…1540 still looks like someone tried to create a filter? And did you change the length of the Number field in table 36 and 37? If you did without changing all other places where the document number is used, then you will surely get this error again.

It’s a mixed bag. Some just let the system auto. and others want a more descriptive Sales Order number. I will tell them in the future not to use the … 2 dots as it seems to be a reserved function of Navision.

Table 36 and 37 have a Code of 20 for the No.

Greg,
Even if they did it manually or not, then I really cannot think of way where this could happen, without a faulty modification done in your database.

I think it could be related to the Avatax add-on program we have.

You should get the exact position where the error occurs when you follow Ashish’s suggestion and run the post process again with the debugger activated.

I have an email in to Avatax support right now. I’ll let you know tomorrow what I hear back.

They will ask you to do exactly the same: Switch on the debugger, run the posting again and send a screenshot of the debugger,