overflow under type of conversion text to code

Hi, I have an error when i posting Purchase Order. The PO was created last year December (2011), i import to new database(2012) using same PO number. When i try to posting receive it show an error overflow under type of conversion text to code value: GRN-HOPO-HO-1211-03633.

I already setting no.series for receipt GRN-HO starting no. GRN-HO-0112-0001

GRN-HO is no.series for Goods Receipt Head Office

PO-HO-1211-03633 is PO number that i try to posting.

PO that i create manual for 2012 can posting successfully.

Please help me. Thanks.

Welcome to DUG.

Check with debugger if you can where the error message is coming and You are assigning a field type text to code and also check the length of the fields and variabls…

normally it tells that the value of the field is greater than the length of the field. e.g. “No.” - type: Code, length:20.
in older table, there was a modification that makes “No.” field larger, e.g. 30.
so it cant fit to new standard table.

Code Description Location Code Dflt. Rcpt No. Series Dflt. Inv No. Series Starting No. Ending No. Last Date Used Last No. Used Default Nos. Manual Nos. Date Order
GRN-HO Goods Receipt Head Office HO GRN-HO-0112-0001 No No No

This is no. series setting for GRN-HO.

it is nothing to relate with No.series setup…

Check with Debugger only…

Solved. Field (No. Series, Posting No. Series, Receiving No. Series) was empty. I just fill with No. series code. Thanks.

An overflow error indicates that there is a mismatch in a field length or a variable length, just like Joe said. The issue might have gone away because setting that other field caused the code to skip the command that caused the error, but the root cause is still not fixed.

That why i wonder “PO that i create manual for 2012 can posting successfully.” but PO last year that i import to new database 2012 show an error overflow under type of conversion text to code when i try to posting. FYI, I used same format for PO number for year 2011 & 2011. (PO-HO-yymm-xxxxx).

I also do debugging (as suggested by Mohana) from there i know that “receive no = receive no series + no PO”. This error show up during posting. I just wonder why PO that i create manual for 2012 can posting successfully.

Later i try to navigate to table purchase header. From there i see what the different between OLD PO(imported PO) & NEW PO(manually created). Than i realize that PO that i create manually fill three field (No. Series, Posting No. Series, Receiving No. Series), but PO that i import didn’t. So i try to fill that three field (No. Series, Posting No. Series, Receiving No. Series) and than i try to posting. I can posting successfully.

That why i wonder “PO that i create manual for 2012 can posting successfully.” but PO last year that i import to new database 2012 show an error overflow under type of conversion text to code when i try to posting. FYI, I used same format for PO number for year 2011 & 2011. (PO-HO-yymm-xxxxx).I also do debugging (as suggested by Mohana) from there i know that “receive no = receive no series + no PO”. This error show up during posting. I just wonder why PO that i create manual for 2012 can posting successfully.

Later i try to navigate to table purchase header. From there i see what the different between OLD PO(imported PO) & NEW PO(manually created). Than i realize that PO that i create manually fill three field (No. Series, Posting No. Series, Receiving No. Series), but PO that i import didn’t. So i try to fill that three field (No. Series, Posting No. Series, Receiving No. Series) and than i try to posting. I can posting successfully.