filling a form from excel

hi,

my client uses an excel sheet to record the consumption of items and output so my requirement is i want to fill the BOM from the excel sheet automatically.

When i open the prod. BOM form the item no.s and quantity must be updated from the excel sheet .

Is it possible or not

Prod BOM form is basically prod order line components why u want to port them in ? Is BOM changing on every production order ?

After implementation why ur client is filing in data in excel :slight_smile:

In any case these can be done using dataports but then user will have to mention production order No. and some other fields as well on the excel sheet which i think is more hassle than using the system directly.

Yes it is possible. Search the site for Excel Import.

Thank u erik .

i will explain my requirement in detail can u please suggest me a way.

i want an excel sheet attached to prod.bom form so that when i open the form it should take the values from that sheet

Hi Micheal,

You need to do some work first by your self. But let me suggest the way for you to learn it:

1. Follow my advise above, use the search function and search for Excel Import.

2. Find one of the posts that is not to different from yours.But you can also use the other standard Excel Import functions in NAV as examples.

3. Try with a simpler form. Make sure it works here, before trying with the Prod. BOM.

The only thing which is a little complex will be to figure out where to find the Excel sheet when you open it.