BOM Upload using Excel Addin AX 2012

Dear All,

When i try to upload BOM Lines table (BOM) using excel add in i was not able to add second line item. I was not able to place the BOM name in the excel cell using look up. Though the BOM look up is having values, after the the value selection it is appearing in the excel cell and when i come out of the excel cell the BOM value gets disappaeared.

I haven’t get any clue why this is happening. You valueable comments please.

Thanks

Regards

Uday

I would guess you need to upload the BOM and BOMVersion tables at the same time, they are all related. The Excel add-in, I believe, is not the recommended tool for data migration and where your migration spans multiple related tables it seems it is further from requirements. However I have not tried it.

Adamroue, Thanks for your reply.

I tried thru all the ways 1. All three tables (BOMTable,BOMVersion,BOM) same time. 2. All three tables separately. 3. BOMVersion and BOM table at the same time.

The other two tables BOMTable,BOMVersion loaded all the time. But it didn’t worked for MULTIPLE BOMlines import to “BOM”.

Does any body loaded succesfully multiple BOMlines for a BOM item in to AX 2012 using excel add in. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

regards

Uday

I would guess the answer is no, if the add-in does not work ask MS for assistance.

I highly recommend using the .Net Business Connector for these three tables. They are rather straightforward in their relations and if you have questions you can consult MSDN AX2012 resources.

Our application creates the entry in BomTable, uses the BOMID in BomVersion table for a given inventory ID, and then is able to create lines in the BOM table using the BOMID and a counter to increase each line level by one for a given assembly.

Keep in mind, if you are using formulas, to check the Percent Yield.

Hi Silvano,

Thanks much for your inputs. I wanted to achieve that using fully AIF. I am not sure whether that is a proven way. But time is running away. We might go with .Net BC.

If any one succeded using AIF please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Regards

Uday

Hello everyone, have you tried to import the BoM using exel data tables? What is the sequence of import? I couldn’t use the AIF service as AX throws the classical error recid not present in related table or something. How do you manage to get around this? Appreciate if you could share your thoughts