External system integration with NAV desired?

Hi,

Do you know which external system is lacking integration with Dynamics NAV and at the same time it is most desired?

Regards,
Antanas Sakalauskas
Managing Director
OptimusCRM UAB
www.optimuscrm.com

What is your actual requirement ? What you are looking for ?

Hi Amol,

We would be interested to know what integrations NAV customers are lacking with other systems right now.

Regards,
Antanas Sakalauskas
Managing Director
OptimusCRM UAB
www.optimuscrm.com

Hi Antanas,

Are you asking which external systems doesn’t have integration with NAV? Or? Like Amol, then I really don’t understand your question nor the purpose of it.

Hi Erik,

We would like to know from customer perspective, what most wanted integrations with external systems are for example in Europe. We might then fill this gap with our solution.

Regards,
Antanas Sakalauskas
Managing Director
OptimusCRM UAB
www.optimuscrm.com

Ok, I’m still not sure I understand your question!

But what you are looking for is list of the “most wanted integrations” from the NAV customers point of view, then it’s not something which you could do in general for Europe. Maybe for smaller areas.

In Denmark I would say that the number one integration from NAV is to their bank account (payment integration). But this is already supplied by other ISV’s who cover the market perfectly here.

Other typical integrations is to Sharepoint (standard in NAV 2013), Web shops (not one standard - every different shop requires different integration). And then of course there is integration to Word, Outlook and Excel, which is standard today. Some years ago we made a lot of Dynamics CRM integrations, but now this is also standard.

Then many industries integrate to bar code readers, but here too there are already as many ISV’s as there are bar code device manufactures.

The thing is that Navision has been around since the 1980’es and since then the partners have already created both custom and standard solutions every time a customers has asked for it. If someone sees a business opportunity, then they have typically followed it. Just as you are now trying to do.

Personally I don’t know of any external systems running at my customers which we can’t already integrate to. But I do feel a trend in the market and that is that the customers prefer standard tools (created by Microsoft specifically for NAV) over 3rd party tools. At the same time they also require a much tighter integration, directly utilizing the business logic already present in NAV (which you for example get when using NAV Web Services) even when they have customized the logic in their NAV installation.

Thank you Erik for a thorough review of current situation.

Regards,
Antanas Sakalauskas
Managing Director
OptimusCRM UAB
www.optimuscrm.com