Export Problems - Internal Error

Hi All, I have two problems with exporting some objects. 1st: If i want to export some objects as .fob the following message occurs: “The Object file cannot be used with this version of the program.” The export as .txt works fine. 2nd: If i want to export a certain object (a codeunit) an internal error occurs: “4 in module 42.” The error occurs with oth types of export. I took a look at the internal error list in this forum, but i can’t locate the error. The strange thing is, that i get the object from our partner as .fob-file and he must have exported it?!? I’ve installed NF 2.0 and NF2.6D-german version on the notebook i’m working with. Thanks in advance. Greetings, Frank

I vaguely remember something about problems that occur when you try to export objects to a folder that contains object files created in previous versions of Navision. Try again, this time to a different folder that does not contain any object files. Kind regards, Jan Hoek Weha Automatisering BV Woerden - The Netherlands

Hi Frank! For problem 1, Jan is right. If you have an FOB object from a previous version in the same directory as the one in which you’re trying to save now, you will get that message. Can’t help you with problem 2. Sorry. cheers,

Another possible reason for the error is the same as it gives you when trying to make a backup and it gives you a similar error: using a network path. If you’re trying to write the object in (as example) \NTSERVER\FOBS\fob1.fob it will give you that error. If you map the path (\NTSERVER\FOBS) as a unit (for example as drive X:) and you try again but using the mapped unit path ( X:\fob1.fob) it will work without problem. You’ll have a similar error when making backups… Regards, Alfonso Pertierra (Spain)apertierra@teleline.es

Frank - I had this once. The problem is, that 2.01 fob files cannot be exported to a folder in wich fob’s from other version are. Don’t ask me why, that’s just the way it is! //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

for #1

the folder you exporting 2009 (R2) objects contains any object file of Nav 7.

Please check

1st: If i want to export some objects as .fob the following message occurs: “The Object file cannot be used with this version of the program.”
The export as .txt works fine.

for # 1. If the folder which you are exporting 2009 (R2) objects, contains object file of Nav7, this error is shown…

please check