Export/Import Financial Statement Row Def lines

Dear All,

Greeting to you all. I am newbie in AX.

Could anyone advise that is there a way to export out all the row definition lines including hierarchy from one company to another within same database? I have to create very long and complicated hierarchy of two Balance Sheet and PnL reports in four companies and it is going to be very tedious and time consuming. If I could able to know which tables need to include, it would be great.

I tried to import below five tables, but it doesn’t work.

LedgerBalHeaderDim, LedgerRowDef, LedgerRowDefLine, LedgerRowDefLineCalc, LedgerBalColumnsDim

Thanks in advance and appreciate your expertise.

Regards,

Yuan

Hi,

I think that no such functionality exist to copy row definition from one company to other.

But there is a option of copying row definitions. May be you should get help from developer to use that functionality such that the same row definition is created in other company also.

Pranav…

Hi Pranav,

Thanks for your reply.

I can resolve it already and I found it is quite useful. May be same as what you advise. :slight_smile: The solution is as below:

1. Copy the row definition and give another name (eg - copy BS and named as BS_A)

2. In SQL, you need to update three tables (Ledgerrowdef, ledgerrowdefline, ledgerrowdeflinecalc) from ‘CompanyA’ to ‘CompanyB’.

Update dbo.LEDGERROWDEF set DATAAREAID = ’ CompanyB ’ where ROWDEFINITION = ’ BS_A’

Update dbo.LEDGERROWDEFLINECALC set DATAAREAID = ‘CompanyB’ where ROWDEFINITION = ‘BS_A’

Update dbo.LEDGERROWDEFLINE set DATAAREAID = ’ CompanyB ’ where ROWDEFINITION = ’ BS_A’

It is perfectly works. Hope it would help everybody.

Thanks.

Regards,

Myo Sandar