Error when trying to post a sales invoice.

Hi again.

I have the following problem when tryint to post a sales invoice.

I generate an invoice from Job Planning Lines of a contract. All lines a type “Contract” and are Products. From Jobs/View Job Planning Lines I excute the “Create sales invoice” action. After that, a new invoice is created and all “contract” lines are marked as transferred and the Invoice No. is correctly filled.

When I open the Invoice and are trying to post it, I get following message:

“You should consume Item in Job before you post sales invoice”

Any idea what’s wrong??

Thank you very much in advance.

Carlos!

As the message says: you have to consume before invoicing.

You consume items via Jobs → “Job Journals”. What is done here is that a negative adjustment is made on the item and “kind of” a positive adjustment on the job. You actually move stock from inventory to job.

You can never invoice more from a job than you have consumed.

Thank yor afinnur!

When you say “before invoicing”, you mean before creating the invoce or before postig the invoice.

I tried to consume item using the “Calc. remaining usage” function but only an “schedule” line was sent to the Job Journal.

Thank you very much in advance!

Carlos

Thank you affinur,

finally I changed all Job Planning Lines from “Contract” to “Schedule and Contract”. That allows me to post product usage and later post the sales invoice!

Best Regards!

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Please, if any of the replies to your post solved your problem, then please click on the “Verify solution” next to that post. This way we can see that you post is closed and you got the help you needed.