Dynamics NAV phone APP

I have a question about the use of the DYnamics NAV mobile app.
I haev already running the WebClient in my NAV2018 machine, but when I’m trying to connect with the app, i get the “Cannot connect to the server error”.
I have a certificate installed on the instance, with its thumbprint, that it is used to conenct the webClient with a URL like this:

xxx.xxx.xxx.x:8081/DynamicsNAV110

I am trying to connect the app to the same URL, but it doesn’t work. What should be like the URL to connect the app? Should I creaet a new instance, or new site in the IIS of the server?

Thank you very much

Hi Aitor,
Which browser did you test the web client with? And what OS?
I have seen similar problems with NAV 2017, and here the issue was that the certificate was not correctly installed on the client. It worked with Firefox, but not with Internet Explorer.

Btw. are you using a selfsigned certificate?

I am using this certificates:

onedrive.live.com/

I think they are not selfsigned… Should I change my instance, or can I create a new one?

What you mean? You should know the source of your certificates? Either they are created specific for the domain and installed on the server, or you have created a self-signed certificate for your server.

Personally I’m using self-signed for my test instances, and a “true” one for the production instances.
And the whole process of installing it, that I leave to Docker and the Navcontainerhelper tools (creates certificates too). When you have tried it a couple of times, then you may never install it from the DVD again. [:)]

THanks for your answer Erik.

I will try to explain myself. The certificates from the URL I send to you are already created. I installed them on my MMC, and use their thumbprint on my NAV instance. In my site for the webClient in the IIS,I created an HTTPS binding, pointing to the certificate, and that’s all. SO, I use the “NavServiceCert” certificate, first in the MMC, after the thumbprint in the instance (and the web.config file), and in the HTTPS binding of the site in IIS.

What are you saying with the “true” certificate? As i understand of what you are saying, is that It’s mandatory to use a selfSigned certificate for running the app. Am i right?

Yes, but where did you get these certificates from? Remember that the certificate must be made specifically for the web server (url/domain) in question.
You didn’t answer my other questions. Which browser did you test the web client with? And what OS?

I don’t know where I got them vrom, they where in my office before I arrive. From some blog I think,…
I am browsing the webClient from a WIN10, with IE, firefox, chrome… And also with chrome in a android phone, and Iphone.

If you are able to browse the web client with all those browsers, without any warnings about errors in the certificate. Then I’m a little lost. Did you contact your partner?

The URL for the app is the same to access to the WebClient from the browser?
I am thinking about the self signed certificate, that is mandatory? May be if I create a certificate, and change the installed one for the SelfSigned one…

Self-signed is surely not mandatory. That’s what you use if you don’t have “a real” certificate. The problem with self-signed is that you need to manually install it on all devices/computers, before you can use the web client there.
Also remember that the URL must start with HTTPS - not HTTP - but looks like you got that in the URL already.

Is it a production or test server?

It’s the crazy thing about this issue. The certificate problem seems to be solved, because I don’t have any problem to connect to the WebClient from mobile devices using the WebClient.

The server at this moment is a test server. It’s part of an upgrade. The production server has NAV2013, and I’m installing NAV2018 in the new server for doing the upgrade. When the upgrade i’s done, this server will be the production server