Dropshipments

We dropship sometimes and some of our items might not actually ship for days. Accounting wants to turn off the functionality of when the product is received, it automatically ships. Can any of you guide me to how I would do this? We use NAV2009R2. Thank You

Hi David,

Where are these items coming from? The drop shipment functionality in NAV is only intended if you vendor ships an item directly to your customer. In this case it will physically never be in your inventory and therefore it is not possible to do receiving and shipping in two steps.

If the items are received in your inventory and stay there for a certain period of time, it is not drop shipment (from NAV point of view). If you drop ship to your customer, you should not use the drop shipment functionality in NAV.

Best regards,
Felix

I totally agree with Felix.

And if you turn of that automatic functionality, you’ll have another problem:
When you receive, the items are placed on inventory. And items on inventory may be sold - to another customer than is was intented to.
DropShipment in NAV means that an item is posted into the inventory and posted out again immediately, and an applacation (=direct link ) is made between those tho Item Ledger Entries.
Is this is not an issue to you, you should not use NAV’s DropShipment.

Thank you for your replies. We will just create a new location for these unique orders.