Drop shipment: automatic purchase order generation. How?

Hi all,

Can you guys advice which direction should I go?

In our company all sales done as drop shipments, meaning, we don’t have any warehouse or manufacturing.

From point of view of our staff the following workflow would be the most suitable:

1. Sales order received - from website or manually

2. Sales manager reviews the order and clicks some button “Make purchase order”

On click - Purchase order with the same number as sales order generated (they want the same number, because this way they link Sales and Purchase orders…) with the same lines as Sales order.

There are also some comments/specifications to the order (which are very important) that now written in empty line in sales and purchase order. Is there any mechanism of adding comments to sales/purchase order?

By the way, when I tried to use standard Drop shipment way, all empty lines (with comments) were ignored, that’s why I’m asking.

Thanks in advance

I think you must do a specific development in order to transfert the comment line in the new purchase order.

we have a flow almost similar to yours, and we are doing a lot of such order processing.
you will need to modify a bit, e.g. in cu333 - Req. Wksh.-Make Order, InsertHeader()
you can code to have the new created document use the same number as source document no.