Displaying Dimension acc to the employee mapped

Hi, In CustTable form,we have the ‘Dimension’ Tab ,in that tab i want to display(in drop down) only the dimesions which are mapped to that employee… (i.e ) In “LedgerDimensions” Form ,each entity can be mapped to a particular employee… like if employee 10234 is mapped to entity numbers 1,4,6,7 for the dimesion[1]… when i open the CustTable form---->Dimensions Tab----> and select the Dimension[1] .I should get the list only with entity 1,4,6,7 Can anybody help. Regards, Rajee.

Hi Rajee

there is no such set up exist as list for customer unfortunately.

Employee Field in the Dimension table is only indicative to who is handling that particular dimension.

And Dimension at customer Master forms are for defaulting and posting transactions based on those dimension when you select the particular customer and later on you can filter some of the customer’s report based on dimension.

But I suggest you use dimension set hierarchy functionality in which you can define hierarchy in such a way that only required dimension you set in thet. but it will be applicable to all new customer you create. but I am sure it will compress the dimension list to some extent. there is also employee table also which I have not tried you can try find out work around through this functionality.

Hope This help

Regards

Rajesh

Hi Rajarajeswari,

You mean to say the requirement in EmpTable Form or CustTable Form

Naresh Kolli

Hi Naresh, It is in CustTable

In the “LedgerDimensions” Form where you are attaching the customer…

If you take the example in the “LedgerDimensions” Form you can attach the empid there so you can get the employee having those dimesions in the employee from…

Naresh kolli

Hi, Sorry i confused my req. Actually,in CustTable Form i want to display dimension according to the user who has logged in AX

Can you explain in detailed how by user wise - means…

Hi Rajee

You can use record level security and Give creteria in Dimension table for user.

Regards

Rajesh

In “Dimensions” table, we can map each entity to an employee Id… waht i want is tht in CustTable form in “Dimensions” tab, i should get only the dimensions which are marked for that particula employee… here the particular employee — is the employee who is currently working in AX.The user who is currently working in AX can be found using the “SysUserLog” table

Rajsh, Can you please explain,how to do clearly

Hi Rajee

Go to Administration>Setup>Security>Record Level Security

Create New and wizard will open, Select the user name and Company and Select Dimension Table

Now Click Query Button and Select which Dimension he should be able to see like for range you can use two dot (…) like dimension 1-5 one employee is responsible give criteria like 1…5, if you want to select different dimension then select comma like 1,3,5

Regards

Rajesh

But Rajesh, i want to display the dimensions acc to the user who has currently logged in. if in dimension[1] …entities 1,3,5,7 are beeing mapped to the employee 12345 in the Dimension Table…then when the user 12345 loggs on and opens the custtable—>dimensions tab---->and when he clicks Dimension[1]…the dropdown should only list the entities 1,3,5,7 …

Hi Rajee

Thats what happen when we define user level security. I have done like this many times.

Try out it has to work. second let me know what have you done so that I can point out if you missed something.

Just see if you have given emp. admin access also. then it will i think override the record level security rights. because administration has access to every record

Also after defining Record level security restrart AX

Regards

Rajesh