Currency Updating Routine

Just a note for you guys. I am working on De-Allocation of Customer and Vendor Entries. Well as many of you may know Currency Differences are posted during the application by Posting Date and Document No., to the Control Account and Realised Gains or Losses, then the “Amount (LCY)” is updated. Fine then the Control Account matches the Customers Trial Balance. However! Part of the testing, I changed the currency Rates and run the Menu Item Periodic Activity > Currency > Adjust Exchange Rate included the Customer Ledgers. Horror when you adjust the Currency the Customer Ledger “Amount (LCY)” is adjusted to reflect the new rate, But the balancing entry is rolled up and posted to the control account per “Customer Posting Group” at the Posting Date you enter not from the originating document! This Means that your Debtors control will not match the Customer Trial Balance for the periods where the Adjustments are made! And The “Amount (LCY)” will not balance to the G/L Control Account posting for that document! Hope this may save someone a bit of work trying to find the Differences between the Ledgers! David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Jul 03 23:33:37

De-Allocation… I think you must create your own routines for reverting exch. rate adjustments: 1. calculate new LCY amount 2. get difference between new LCY and current LCY for each unappl. entry; 3. post this difference to customer/vendor G/L account for each unappl. entry using document’s date; 4. correct current vendor/customer LCY amount; May be do something else. Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

quote:

Originally posted by AlexeyPavlov: De-Allocation… I think you must create your own routines for reverting exch. rate adjustments: Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

Already 99% there on this one Track all levels application to a conclusion Create Document G/L Entries to Reverse Discount Reverse Loss or Gain Reverse Rounding Amount And Deal with the Additional Reporting Currency Customer Ledger Reset all Values Currency to Original Calculated Value LCY to Original Values ---------------- This Post is about the Function to Adjust the Currency rates and it’s effect on the Ledgers David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Jul 04 10:06:26

Hi David, So how did the routine work out? Was there any problems that came up? I have a client that has the same exact problem as well. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by David Cox

[quote]
Originally posted by AlexeyPavlov: De-Allocation… I think you must create your own routines for reverting exch. rate adjustments: Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

</font id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote> Already 99% there on this one Track all levels application to a conclusion Create Document G/L Entries to Reverse Discount Reverse Loss or Gain Reverse Rounding Amount And Deal with the Additional Reporting Currency Customer Ledger Reset all Values Currency to Original Calculated Value LCY to Original Values ---------------- This Post is about the Function to Adjust the Currency rates and it’s effect on the Ledgers David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Jul 04 10:06:26