Correction must be the same for all lines for the same document

Hi there,

Trying to post/upload a General Journal and getting an error “Correction must be the same for all lines for the same document” . Debit and credit entries are adjusting each other and was working fine till yesterday. Used to post the same journals every month but since I.T team refreshed my profile setup on server and I started getting this error. Seems like something is wrong with my Navison profile? What’s the way out? Or if someone can at least identify the problem and give me the solution so that I can give those details to our I.T team as they aren’t able to figure out the cause/solution of this error.

Thanks in advance !

Hi Grv99999…

Which version of Navision is this? With profile, do you mean your role center profile or?

Hi Erik !
I am on version AP 4.00 SP3. Navision is installed on server so we are using through remote access. Few days ago I.T team refreshed my user ID on server and since then this problem started to appear. Spoke to I.T team but apparently they are trying to figure out the problem. Any possible reasons/solutions you can suggest me?

There is a well-forgotten field Correction in all Journals (underlying Tables, to be precise), by default not included in Page, so in can’t be Shown/Hidden by user - the page must be modified by a developer.
Purpose of this field is to post so-called STORNO transactions, that is, negative Db amount instead of Cr amount (and negative Cr instead of Db). Such postings adjust the balance, but do not increase turnover.

You have somehow managed to tick this field in one of the Journal lines, but, if used, it must be ticked to YES in ALL one doc lines, in other words, all Lines must have NEGATIVE amounts.

If the field is not visible, it nevertheless “ticks” automatically in background when a NEGATIVE amount is entered in either Db or Cr, that’s another way how to achieve the behavior you have.