Code Fields in SQL Server Option

I’m running Navision 3.70.A with SQL server 2000 in Greek Version. When I’m trying to put in a code field the greek letter “s” I got an error message “The table contains a value in a Code field that cannot be used with Microsoft Bussiness Solution-Navision”. Where is the mapping of the uppercase function of Navision ? I have checked the collate sequense of SQL-server and the Code page of windows.All seems to be OK. FIN.STX file has to do with SQL server ? Any help please as soon as possible !!!

Are you migrating from Navision or have started with SQL from scratch? I guess its some setting in SQL although im not very familiar with SQL server and Navision.

I have started from scratch

quote:

Originally posted by ahed4
Are you migrating from Navision or have started with SQL from scratch? I guess its some setting in SQL although im not very familiar with SQL server and Navision.

Have same problem running Danish 3.70 but after importing 3.6 db, says it countrycode (US) in stx file not same as in licensefile.

I have seen that in the Greek version of 3.70, there seems to be a problem with ‘s’ and letters that are punctuated even in the find function… …maybe the greek version of 4.0 will resolve this issue…

Yes this is a problem with Navision 3.70 on SQL it was OK on 3.60. You can do the same thing by just typing in a £ or & in the code field, and once you are off the record you can never get back on it as navision gives the error message. All you can do is edit the record with enterprise manage? I know not the best solution but that is all you can do. Paul Baxter

As Paul said, you can always do a dummy entry and then correct it through enterprise manager, this does work, but you must have your mind set to it. [:D]

This is a problem with both database servers in handling lower->upper conversions, where the character has two different upper case representations as this one does. The problem is also in 3.60 (i.e. that the lower->upper mapping is incorrect) but the SQL error message to validate correctness was added in 3.70 to prevent corruption. Have you raised a support issue for this case? Somebody has anyway and it is actually resolved - will be released in a 3.70 and 4.0 hotfix soon (meaning probably mid-late November).

quote:

Have you raised a support issue for this case? Somebody has anyway and it is actually resolved - will be released in a 3.70 and 4.0 hotfix soon (meaning probably mid-late November).
Originally posted by robertc - 2004 Oct 26 : 09:37:56

An issue has been raised, but we’re still on hold. Unfortunately, the greek version of Navision 4.0 is not expected some time soon…propably sometime between easter and summer, for a full working greek version. [:(!]

OK, but I guarantee that the issue raised has been fixed and will be out for your current 3.70 version in November.

…and that is what we are all waiting for here in Greece [:D]

This hotfix is now released as Update 1, but I should have said mid-December. [Sigh…] See http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12967.

Hi all Nice post robertc, but we haven’t got the SP2 in Greece yet. [:(] Still working on 3.70.A…

I have a problem that is probably related to this this topic. Navision 3.60 (15 Gb) on SQL. We have a lot of German customers (with some “strange” characters like a capital A with 2 points on top). I can take a backup of the database whithout a problem and restore it on 3 different SQL test servers or pc’s. On a fourth pc I always get an error saying that I have ‘illegal’ characters in a Code field. An that same fourth pc I can restore the backup in native navision database without a problem. I am not an expert in SQL, but my first guess is that I have to change something in my SQL settings on that 4th pc. To all of you: succes in 2005