Client Monitor not in License.

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

We have a few performance problems and I want to monitor some processes. I read in this forum that you can use the Client Monitor to do this, but I cannot use this (grey in stead of black under Tools).

After checking with our supplier I was told that we have to extend our license file with granule 2000.

Is this correct, should this not be included in the standard license ?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Hi Fred,

This is not included in standard licenses - have you considered using SQL profiler?

Hmmm… Granule 2000 - Client Monitor is included in BRL-AM.

But, as Dave suggested, SQL Server tools can be used, and IMHO those are more powerful.

What is BRL-AM ?

SQL is not an option as we are running a native database.

One of two available Business Ready Licensing “packages”, which replaced Granule-based licencing schema several years ago.

BE or Business Essentials is less “inclusive”, AM or Advanced Management includes more, but not all Navision “granules”. Both of them have a set of additionally available granules (for additional fee).

Fred,

Just as a follow-up - if you’re on Native and didn’t know what BRL-AM is, I suppose you are using Navision for a long time already, thus probably still having granule-based license.

If it is so - instead of buying additional granules, you may consider changing the license plan to BRL - but it pays off only in case the price of additional granules you obtain is less than the “license plan change fee”, besides, if there isn’t a business need for additional functionality, it doesn’t make sense, too.

In general, when MS invented BRL, clients who had bought a minimum set of granules (due to low budget or whatsoever) where the ones to change to BRL. Check it with your Partner, they can give you precise figures.

Modris,

Thanks for your reply, we are using Navision since 1999 and upgraded to 5.0 last year. I will have a look at the new licensing structure to see if it has advantages for us.