Change Status to Production Orders

Hi,

I have a Released Production Order with just one consumption entry posted. Now I don’t want to go on with this order so I’ve decided to post a negative consumption (in order to give back component in his location) and to change Order Status to Finished. This is not possible because I have “consuption entries without output” …

The only work-around I’ve found is to post an output, change status to the order, and use item jln to adjust output (posting a negative adjst)

Any better solution to this??

thank you all

When you try to change the order status from released to finished doens’t it say the order is not completed and ask whether you want to finish it anyway?

Which version are you working with?

I use 4.02, and I have the same issue.
Released Prod. Order (RPO) can be Change Status, if there’s at least one unit of production output. So, if we have recorded the Consumption, but need to close the RPO, I have to record the output, then do negative adjustment.

OK, StefanoB, please advise us if you have an easier way to achieve it.
Thanx.

Hi Anna,

I’m working with Nav4 sp3, when I try to change to finished it tells me there are no output but when I push “ok” to go on it stops me becase “there are consumptions without output”…

…Hi Marcelo …thanks for trying

Suggestion…

Don’t forget to select “Applies-to Entry” in the Item Journal while doing negative adjustment.

Stefano : actually, I’m using it, as it’s a day to day activity in the operation floor.

Anna , … so what version are you using, and do you not having this warning message?
how you handle this in easier way?

rkjais75 : correct, need to apply to existing entries. if not, we can not post the adjustment.

ok thanks to all…

…so the work around seem to be correct, next question is…

do you think is possible to force status to finished when Production Order WIP is zero by-passing Nav Error (without causing side effects on next Inventory G/L posting)? I intend WIP as the sum of value entries (consumption and capacity)

In this way users could adjust wrong-released orders and put them to finished with no useless entries…

I tested 5.00, but you are right, I checked codeunit 5407 and found this:

ErrorIfUnableToClearWIP(ProdOrder : Record “Production Order”)
ProdOrderLine.SETRANGE(Status,ProdOrder.Status);
ProdOrderLine.SETRANGE(“Prod. Order No.”,ProdOrder.“No.”);
IF ProdOrderLine.FIND(‘-’) THEN
REPEAT
IF NOT OutputExists(ProdOrderLine) THEN
IF MatrOrCapConsumpExists(ProdOrderLine) THEN
{ ERROR(Text009,ProdOrderLine.“Line No.”,ToProdOrder.TABLECAPTION,ProdOrderLine.“Prod. Order No.”)}; [^o)]
UNTIL ProdOrderLine.NEXT = 0;

Problem might be - what happens to the consumed items? Are they returned to warehouse? Are they kept in the workshop to be used for an other PO requiring the same components? Are they dumped?

I guess that depends upon at which point of the process the PO is stopped, but there might lay the best solution…

…well the idea is “To Finish a Released Production Order if Possible” … I think:

1. if we don’t have entries it’s easy (you can delete it)

2. if we have consumption and/or capacity entries with values, I agree it’s correct to make an output before finishing the order - there is a WIP

3. if WIP is zero - it means we have capacity entries without values, or dumped consumptions without values, or consumptions with values but returned to warehouse (consumption positive-adjusted in the order). Only in this case I’d like to remove the test in the “ErrorIfUnableToClearWIP” in order to avoid a useless output and adjustment … but I’m worried about possible side effects

Ever tried to post a negative consumption? There was an issue with this solution in early NAV versions (infinite loop), but it was corrected in version 4

I post negative consumption several times, when we pull out component from production floor. it can, and it requires to fill “apply to”. mostly, it can be posted successfully.

negative consumptions are ok… I’m trying to avoid useless outputs / output adjustments (that do not reflect what actually is happenning in warehouse)

StefanoB - first, what to adjust is consumption.
if you do not have output in certain orders in production, but you have recorded the consumption of component for that order - then what happen to that component?
in actual, you will need to, either: pull out that component , consider it as defect , consider it as scrap or absorb as waste / loss , or else?
then, you will still need to record that you pull back component from production floor and do negative adjustment on it.
then, you cancel the production order line related to it.