Cannot save changed codeunit!?!?! Wrong permissions?!?!

I have VERY STRANGE problem with NF2.01A (worldwide): I can’t save SOME (!) codeunits. NF reports what i don’t have permissions to write in some tables. With “SUPER”! Does codeunit use “internal” db account? May be database is destroyed? May be “compilation counter” ( :slight_smile: if exists) expires? I can remove codeunit’s permissions, but functions does not works. WHAT IT IS?

Of cause you have checked your licens file? ============ Best regards, Erik P. Ernst, webmaster Navision Online User Group Edited by - admin on 2/22/00 10:46:45 PM

If you try to make changes to, let’s say, the compare tool, you need to have the compare tool in your licence-file. IIRC the following entry should by in your licence: 102,120 Navision Financials Compare Toolkit 1 Dennis van Es PerCom: Research & Development BV The Netherlands

Most likely you are trying to modify codeunits that act upon protected tables. Unless you are a solution developer(license) you will not be able to modify tables like G/L entry/ect.

He would still be able to save the codeunit, if that were the case. Dennis van Es PerCom: Research & Development BV The Netherlands

Probably you haven’t a granule “630 Solution Developer” in your license file. You can read this in Tools, License information. You can also try to Run any table with posted entries (GL entries for example)directly from Object Designer. If you can modify (be very careful!!!) any posted entry, you should be able to write a code that can do it. If you are not a NF programmer you have not access to code that manipulates posted tables and cannot do this manually. Lukasz Konewka