Can Microsoft Dynamics NAV programming give a career path to senior Software engineer

Hi Microsoft Dynamics NAV champions…

i want to get your attention to help me out in taking a decision that should I take Dyanamics NAV programming as a career at my present age of life. The only reason that I am asking this question that I am going to get an opportunity as a technical nav consultant in which it seems that this job will pay me more then the rest of the jobs which so far i have done.

I have more than 9 year of IT experience in which initial 6 years expereince i worked as Analyst programmer, Senior Software engineer and Senior system architect.(worked on vb, asp, jsp, java, .net very good in sql server ) later on i got promoted to some management positions in which i managed already developed software applications and since last 2 years working in network related jobs like, Active directory, Exchange, Office Communications server, Wan etc.

My present job didn’t pay me more as I expected also I still feel that I can spend some years in programming. Will you guys suggest me that i should take this opportunity and continue my upcoming years in programming.

Note: how much tecnical help would be required in Navision programming because i m seeing that this i have to work alone in this project on my own.

I hope you guys come up with good suggestions and help me out to take a decision.

thanks and regards.

From a technical perspective I have not much arguments I think.

On the other hand on a more human level:

• have a look at the faces of many contributors on this user group and see how old you can get
  • for me this business (also as technical guy) is about human interaction, helping customers and colleagues build a solution, taking oppertunities and making ‘dreams’ become real

Just my 2 cents.

Dear Vugt

I’ll really apprciate if you could put more light on this query based on your experience, I just want to clear my mind to take a decision for adopting NAV programming at this stage, so that i can work with more comfort and do programming and could continue with it for atleast next 5 years…

i also request other champs to put their comments as well