C/AL stack error

In several instances receive the following message: “There is not sufficient available space in the C/AL stack memory to execute this task. There are too many simultaneous activities, due to the way recursive function call is used in the program. Theproblem can be solved temporarily by shutting down some of the open activites (but the function still cannot be executed).” Sometimes I get a similar message but it says to “decrease” the cache memory. The message(s) themselves are inconsistent (if shutting down activities temporarily fixes problem then the function should be called). There is no recursive function (function calling itself) when I get this error(s). Use to get it when I ran a huge report (huge in that it crunches a lot of data and would spit out hundreds of pages). This happened, near as I could figure, because the pages would queue up on computer until report was done and then would actually start to print out. Fix was, we set up new server/configuration and now report spits out pages as they are completed/crunched instead of whole report queing up. Now: In processing payroll, employee costs are allocated by account or by what “work tickets” they turn in. Work tickets correspond to steps in manufacuring process, which are assigned to “department” then account numbers. If we have a new employee, they might not turn in tickets under own name so there are no tickets upon which to allocate costs. Program presents user with dialog box listing possible accounts with spaces for user to enter percentages. This process worked fine, but now am getting above error. One way I know to stop it, is to cut down the number of accounts in the list/dialog, but that presents another set of problems. (have to set it up, to present the user with multiple sets of dialogs/lists.) As I said, it use to work fine, but now getting this stack error. This happens when using various machines, with different RAM and cache settings and with different “DMS” cache setting in Navision. Any suggestions?

One hint on Forms : If you’re using the on AfterGetCurrRecord-Trigger and modify the current table, you have an implizit recursive function Try to fix the error-points with the debugger. In many cases I see the problem in using recursive reports.