Beta 2012 GL setup

Hello,

We recently installed the AX 2012 Beta, and I am trying to setup the general ledger. At this point, I have created a new legal entity and included an address, site, warehouse, and locations for it. I have turned on all the license configurations available. When I switch over to the legal entity I created and click on General Ledger > Setup > Ledger, I get the error message: “Cannot create a record in Ledger (Ledger). Ledger name: Test, TestEntity. The record already exists.” But I haven’t created any other ledger accounts or charts of accounts since we installed. Does anyone have any info on setting up the general ledger in Ax 2012, or know of a place I can look? The Microsoft help files are vague, and almost all the e-learning tutorials are geared towards Ax 2009.

Thanks!

Hi,

i also see similar issue and i feel that is due to data import or something, i am not clear on the cause, but i found the workarround of this.

AX2012 new enty “Ledger” is available, which is the most base setup for every legal entity, means each legal entity have one ledger.

the form and table for this new entity is also with the name “Ledger”

now suppose you are on “dat” legal entity and you have to follow these steps to fix this.

open the AOT >Data dictionary > Tables
browse to table called “Ledger”
Open the table in browse
Delete the row the “dat” legal entity, you can identify with the name column
Close the table.

Now open the Ledger form: GL > Setup > Ledger
You will see all fields are empty,
Fill out the fields, like chart of account, fiscal calendar, currency, etc
Close and save it

This will solve your problem. i am not sure is it a bug or what.

Thanks
Amir Nazim
Technical consultant/ freelancer

Although I’m not entirely sure that’s the route we want to take, it made me realize that I couldn’t even find the AOT. I’m wondering if we had an incomplete installation, or maybe I’m not looking in the right place to open it in 2012. We tried using the keyboard shortcuts to open the AOT, and it still wasn’t opening. I’m leaning towards the idea that we missed something on the install. Where is the AOT normally opened in 2012? It was easier to find in Ax 2009 up in the menu bar.

in ax 2012 the development environment and application env are different, you can you short cut Ctrl+Shift+w to open the development environment, then you can find the AOT.

for this you should have the development license as well.

Thanks for the responses. We had the development license for AX 2009, and when we upgraded to 2012, it seems that the license didn’t carry over. When we try and open a development workspace, we get an error message that says “Insuficent rights to open a development workspace.” Is there an additional license we need now for 2012? Or do you think we missed something in the installation?