AX 2012 SSRS ERROR : Could not find the identifier

Hi,

I wanted to add a new field to a report .so i added it in the tmp table for that report.

I created a copy of the report design and added the extra field with the dataset changed to the new RDP class.

On doing a buid I am getting the following errors.

Error 1:Validation Error

System.InvalidOperationException: Object is currently in use elsewhere.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.GlobalEventManagerImpl.NotifyObservers(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.ElementEventManagerImpl.NotifyObservers(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.AddElementLinkCommand.NotifyObservers()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Transaction.Commit()

Error 2: This error is for all the fields.

Field token Fields!ItemReturnDeadLine.Value is invalid. Could not find the identifier

Also I have checked the dataset and its pointing to the new RDP class and the fields are also displayed in the Query Window.

Any Help highly APPRECIATED.

Hi,

Please check your duplicate design part in report.

And also once u added the field in tmp table run the incremental CIL and restart your BI studio and try adding new RDP class.

Thanks,

Vishal :slight_smile:

The issue was that the fields in the dataset were displaying a 1 at the end eg. Itemid was represented as Item1 so I recreted the dataset by deleting the original but now the drillthrough methods are gone.

I deleted all the changed but even then the drill through methods are not seen in the original Report .

Any suggestions APPRECIATED.

I have found the same error… in the report InventTransferShip [Report]

Hi Vikas,

For this, please close your solution in visual studio and then re-build it. this problem occurs due to synchronization problem. Just close the the report solution and the the project in Solution explorer, you will get issue resolved.

Regards,

Trishant

Hi Vikas,

For this, please close your solution in visual studio and then re-build it. this problem occurs due to synchronization problem. Just close the the report solution and the the project in Solution explorer, you will get issue resolved.

Regards,

Trishant

hi vikas,

when the fields shows like “filedname1” it’s because the filed’s extend data type is an Enum, so the field show in the datasit at visual studio as two fileds 1-Name 2-Label , so if you want to use it, use the Name field in the Datasit, and make sure that after you add an item to the table to refresh the datasit in the visual studio before you added to the design,

Regards,

Ahmad Saify,

and some times those two errors doesn’t effect on the report when you print it in the Dynamics AX