Automatically verifying validity of user / duty privileges and forms access

Hello everyone. Forgive me if this question is in a wrong forum, I am new here.

I have been assigned to determine efficient testing process for a client. The process of creating duties, privileges and adding users and assigning roles as well as form access is an on-going process. The client wants that every user or at least every duty should be tested, so that each user/duty have access to correct privileges as well as forms.

Client has detailed excel lists of each duty with privileges and form access to every section.

Verifying each privilege and form access from AX UI manually is slow and painful. Security development tool should offer right means to quickly go through form accesses, but I am looking for efficient ways to verify that correct privileges are assigned to each duty.

Ultimately what I am asking if there is an exporting tool that prints duties with all privileges in order to juxtapose this data with original excel data?

If the Security development tool doesn’t meet your requirements, you can extract data directly from security tables. (See How to Export Role,Duty and Privilege in AX 2012, for instance.)

Thank you for the link and quick response!

I’m trying to avoid making direct queries into SQL, but that is needed if I’m not able to make queries in AX to retrieve this data.

The link was helpful, I already knew that some tables found in SQL are not shown in AOT, but I didn’t know I can still create queries that use them.

You see that AX has all the information available, otherwise security setup, SDT, view related security elements and all these things wouldn’t work, therefore you can do it from AX as well. It’s just about what’s easier for you.