import Roles and privileges

Hi,

It’s appreciable if any one know how to import user roles and it’s duties an privileges in ax 2012 using DMF…

Can you provide us more details? You question can be taken in to duel meaning

1. Import Security Objects
    This refers to concept that I may have some customized security objects such as my custom duties, roles etc. and I am looking to transfer those from Server1 to Server2.
  2. Import User Security
    This refers to concept that I want to transfer security of user from any data source to any AX Server.

So, first clarify what you are asking for? Secondly also kindly tell us your AX Application version

Hi sohaib,
Thanks for replay…
I am using dynamics Ax 2012 r3… i want to import users with their Security roles and privileges by using Excel Add-ins or DMF…

Although you have not answered my question exactly, anyway.

You can find next blog post providing you detailed story

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/daxserver/2013/04/26/migrating-security-settings-between-different-dynamics-ax-2012-instances/

Kindly take into consideration that user security is saved in Table SecurityUserRole, and note that column SecurityRole of SecurityUserRole(Table) is being saved as data. So if element id(s) are different at different environments, it may cause an issue, if you are trying to bring data from another server. So for cases, if you are bringing data of security from one server to other, you can transfer Model store prior to transferring security data.

In otherwise case, if you are not brining security data from another server, you can directly import your data into table SecurityUserRole , but this time don’t forget to take Recid of TASKSECURITYROLE(Table) based on Role AOT Name. Because TASKSECURITYROLE.Recid == SecurityUserRole. SecurityRole