ANSI OR OEM Page Code Must be set ....

I am running Nav 2.6G as a client and SQL 2000 SP3. When I attempt to open a new DB or connect to browse a list of existing ones I get the message “The current ANSI or OEM code page on your computer does not match the 1252 code page on the (local) server. You must ensure that either the ANSI or OEM page matches the server Code page” Initially I was running 2.6A as a Nav client, but changed this. I also updated my registry to 1252 on the OEMCP key. I have checked my regional settings. The other strange thing is that the Local server and the client are the same machine? Has anyone got any ideas of what to try next please?

same problem here, did you figure out how to get around it?

I haven’t yet.

Do not update your registry like this! Do the change using the control panel. Search for Code Page to find many posts on this issue. 1252 is NOT an OEM code page.

Robert thanks for that. I have updated the regional settings on the client, and the server so they all match with what it says on the SQl server DB, and I am still getting the same error. I get the feeling I am missing something quite simple. I am using Win2KPro and under regional options I have changed the the Your(Locale) settings to the same as the server (US) and the default to Wester European and United States. The advanced option has code page 1252 and 850 ticked. Strangely I can create a DB using 3.7, so I don’t know if it is something to with 2.6?

First the user locale is not a factor, only the default locale. In your case the database you opening must have a collation using either 850 or 1252. I am guessing that it does. 2.60 has some dependence on the Server default collation (e.g. that of the master database), and if that collation is a Windows collation and not a SQL collation, you’ll get this error even though it is not a code page problem. If you do ‘sp_helpsort’ in Query Analyzer in the master database, what is the output?

‘sp_helpsort’ returns “Latin1-General, case-insensitive, accent-sensitive, kanatype-insensitive, width-insensitive”

Yes, Latin1-General is a Windows collation and is unrecognised by 2.60 as a server default collation. You’ll need to re-install your SQL Server, choosing a Custom install and at the Collation dialog specify a SQL collation (in the radio button) that is appropriate to you (i.e a Latin1-General). An alternative is to use the “rebuildm.exe” utility to rebuild “master” with a different collation, but in practice it is no faster than an install.

Excellent, thank you for your help. I have raised this with Microsoft who have advised that in general because of performance issues they would advise using 3.7 executables, so I am going to test both.

Right. 3.01 → 3.60 removed the dependency on the Server collation - it doesn’t matter what it is. But your Attain databases must use a SQL collation. 3.70 introduced support for Windows collations for your databases, which is preferable to SQL collations. So if you go with 3.70, remember to set a (suitable) Windows collation in the Collation tab before creating your databases.