Analysis Reports

Does anyone know of an easy way to add dimensions to the columns layout for item analysis reports. I know you can add dims to rows, but I need them in the columns if at all possible.

This can be done on standard account schedules, but not for item reports.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew

It can also be done for Item analysis reports. Just check the Default ANALYSIS VIEW CODE in Cronus International Ltd.

Here you can change the column view. But you need to define which dimensions to allow on the Invt. Analysis View Card.

Probably being thick, but on the column layout for Item Analysis reports, the only options available are to do with what type of transactions you want to show, based upon item and value entries.

Am I missing something?

Andrew

Ok Andrew, now I simply don’t understand what your problem is.

Item analysis report column layout.

2009 SP1.

The column layout does not have reference to any dimensions. You can specify the Value entry type with appropriate filters and the same for the item ledger entry, but there is no reference to a Dimension. These are the fields.

Field Value
Analysis Area Purchase
Analysis Column Template DEFAULT
Line No. 10000
Column No.
Column Header COGS
Column Type Net Change
Ledger Entry Type Item Entries
Formula
Comparison Date Formula
Show Opposite Sign No
Show Always
Rounding Factor None
Analysis Type Code COGS
Item Ledger Entry Type Filter Sale
Value Entry Type Filter <>Revaluation
Value Type Cost Amount
Invoiced No
Keep Comparison Period Scope No

Ok, I give up. I simply does not understand what your problem is - it works fine here.

So please tell me exactly which form/report you are looking at?

I am looking at item analysis reports. I want to set up a column layout which refers to dimensions, however the columns allowable, per my list above, do not permit dimension filtering. If you compare this to the column layout for Account Schedules, this layout permits filtering based upon the globals, or the dimensions if linked to an anlysis view.

Within the line layout, you are able to filter by dimensions.

Sorry if I have confused you.

Ahh, you said dimension filtering!!! Ok, no that I haven’t checked… But in any way, then it shouldn’t be very difficult to do…

Thats what I thought. I just wondered if anyone had done it, and how easy it was.