ADCS and Dynamic Put-Away

We are going to upgrade from 2.6 AD to 3.7. In the 2.6 RF system there is a nice function called “Dynamic Put-Away.” When I say nice, I mean our production department lives off of it - using this function approx 75 times per day. Dynamic Put-Away creates a pick/put-away document on the fly without the need for someone to create a document first. You can pick multiple items from a single bin and be directed to put them away in multiple bins. Very handy. I was very disappointed to see that this function does not exist in 3.7. Something similar, “Internal Put-Away” is there but it appears that the user would have to stop off and visit a computer somewhere to generate a document before doing their movements. This not only adds to the time but also means yet another session needs to be tied up so someone can create the document. Has anyone out there created this function for ADCS in 3.6 or 3.7 warehouse management? Thanks in advance.

We have just moved to 3.70 and are waiting for Hotfix #17 as this has the recommended revisions for ADCS. We are looking to implement ADCS ‘real soon now’ - have you any further experience with the software?

Scott, You sir are really a chip off the old block here. It really brings a tear to my eye to see customers using Navision in this format…I guess I’m just a warehouse management sicko… I have been talking with Liberty Grove about just this type of need. I’d give Dave Studebaker a call directly on this. He can be reached at das@libertyforever.com . I think you’ll be very pleased and besides…he’s from your area of the country.