Implementing ADCS in NAV 5.0

Hi Guys,

I am trying to implement ADCS with the aim to use a handheld device to read barcodes into Dynamics NAV. But I am having problems to get it work correctly. I have installed NAS and ADCS. I can login into the Database Server through NAS without any problem (userid and password are correct), using the HyperTerminal.

My problems is that after the login, I am stuck on screen with following 5 choice list:

1. Pick docs / 2. Put-Away docs / 3. Movement docs / 4. Phys.-Inv. Jnls / 5. Logoff

Selection of items 1 to 4 shows following message: “Doc not found”. Is there anything missing on my configuration parameters? Please help.

For example when you select pick docs from ADCS. Navision will get all pick documents and filter by user / location, etc… If there aren’t any documents by those filets then it will display that error message.

Hi Nuno and thank you for your help. Following your instructions, I have created few documents. Now the error message returned by the system is the following: “A value or an interval is missing in the filter in the warehouse Code field in the For information about entering filters, see the online Help”. Seems that some parameters are still missing in the configuration of my warehouse. Please provide more detials. Also, can you please also give an idea on how the whole scanning process works ?

Thank you in advance.

Have you defined location filter in warehouse employee?

Not sure that I fully understand your question. In fact, I am using the CRONUS database. I have created an employee in Administration/Set-up Warehouse and I have attached to this employee Location code WHITE as default warehouse. Then I am connecting to the database using same employee.

Hi Nuno and All,

Any further comments from your side. Any script available your side to help ?

Please provide assistance. I really need to sort out this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Caliste.

Can you tell what steps did you make to appear the error message?

In fact, I am following the installation procedure describe in w1w1InstADCS.pdf file provided on Partnersource website. Everything seems perfect up to the screen describe page 23 which is showing : 1. Pick docs / 2. Put-Away docs / 3. Movement docs / 4. Phys.-Inv. Jnls / 5. Logoff

Selecting option 1 to 4 were returning “Doc not found”. Then following your instructions, I have created few documents (pick, put-away and movement docs). Now the error message returned by the system is the following: “A value or an interval is missing in the filter in the warehouse Code field in the For information about entering filters, see the online Help”. Not sure that my docs are properly created. May-be some parameters are missing. an you please provide the steps necessary in the creation of pick doc for example ?

Suppose I am moving goods from a warehouse to the other, what would be the process? 1st, create a move docs and 2nd scan the items ? Please advise if my understanding is correct.

Thanks in advance.

After you have created a pick document you should assign to user. That user must be a warehouse employee where pick document was created. Assign that location has default warehouse to user.
When you select pick docs option in ADCS you can select previous created document. Then you can start scanning document.
Confirm that warehouse location has defined all settings. If I’m not in mistake in cronus dataset white location was the location with all settings correctly defined to work with ADCS.

Hi Nuno,

Great, Great Thanks Nuno. I have made a big step forward. Now, when I select pick docs, I can see data from the warehouse related to this pick document. I did same for a movement doc as well. And this it is working well.

Just a quick question, please: I cannot change any of the entries on the HyperTerminal interface except the Bin Code. Is that normal ? Can I continue and emulate a scanning through the HyperTerminal or do I need now a real scanner in order to continue the process ?

Again, many thanks for your great support.

Caliste.

You may use HyperTerminal.

You can use hyperterminal to make the exactly the same things that can be done in a scanner device. In most documents you can fill bin position and quantity.

Hi Friends,

Please, I need a bit more of your support to finalize my evaluation of ADCS. I have reached the following screen using hyperterminal:

• PI000005

• AT=TAKE

• Zone=PICK

• Bin Code=:W-08-0001

• Item No.=LS-MAN-10

• Variant=

• UoM=PCS

• Qty. to Handle=2

• Qty. Outstanding=8

The only field I can modify is the Bin Code. I thought I should be able to modify the “Qty to Handle” field but I can’t!

I have also made sure that I have an Item Identifier code created for my items (LS-MAN-10, …).

My question is when and where (in which screen) do I scan in the barcode number ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Caliste.

If you go to Warehouse → Administration → Miniforms you can see a list of implemented Miniforms in Cronus.

For example in screen that you referred is related to WHSEACTLINES miniform. When you open a miniform you can see a list of lines and some of them are of type Input. Those lines are the lines that user can enter values. In your case you can enter values in Bin Content, Item No, Qty. to Handle.
You can enter you Barcode value in Item No. ADCS will search item no. based in item identifier table where you store bar codes values.

In ADCS in have a file to configure keys in Hyperterminal. Key to change line is Input Key. Check that file to see witch key code represents Input key. One of those major problems when changing mobile devices is defining keys again in ADCS.