3.01B to 3.10A

I have a database which I always use using Attain 3.01B. I currently upgrade to Attain 3.10A, what will be the problem if I use the same database?

Once you have opend the database with a 3.10A client, you will not be able to open it with a 3.01 client again. Otherwise there shouldn’t be any. Other than the fact you don’t get all the improovements, of cource :slight_smile: //Henrik Helgesen -: KISS::Keep it Simple, Stupid :-

Hi Henrik, That is not the case, you can still open the database in both the version, only the client program will be different. There should be no problem as with the case in previous versions before attain which behaves like you have mentioned. Thnx. Best regards, Prashanth NCFC, NCMC, NCSD pbg@navilogic.com

Hi, How I understand from documentation, if you use just client than both clients can open all attain db (I use NA 3.10 for programming in all attain versions without problems). But if you use server, than NA 3.10 server will convert database and you can’t open it with NA 3.01 server.

My problem is same. How about databases structures of 3.01B and 3.10A? Can i backup 3.01B database (only data) and then restore it on 3.10A?

There are many structures changes (bugfixes, table optimisations, new id in tables and in fields, new tables…). You can’t just restore data without objects. I tried to do this only for some important bugs, but had many problems, and used compare tools. RGDS Gedas