You are not authorized to access the table 'objects'

Hi,

I am trying to debug a security issue but now sure how to go about it without being a SysAdmin. Witt a SysAdming role I can open the below screen

Our analysts have only DMFAdministrator Role assigned and they were able to open the above screen earlier but now they can’t and receiving an error

You are not authorized to access the table ‘objects’
(DMFMROObjectTableEntity). Contact your system administrator

When I remove the Sysadmin role and assigned DMFAdministrator I was able to reproduce the issue, however, I can’t open the AOT and debug and see what is going. I got to be a SysAdmin to open the AOT and debug.

Anybody has run to this issue and or has any inputs on how to go about it?

Version: AX 2012 R3 CU12

Thanks!

I just wanted to provide an update that there is a ‘System Security tool’ I had it installed on my DEV box. It seems like it needs to be installed from the installation media separately as needed. It is very helpful as I see it. It lets the developer assign a specific Role/Duty/Privilege and at the same time, it disables all the other Roles except the System User and SysAdmin roles. This way it lets the developer assign the Role that he/she needs to debug. In my case, I assigned a DMFAdministrator role to myself and still be able to debug. After installing the ‘System security tool’ it can be found in the System administration/Security/. Here are a couple of screenshots that might help

This is where you can see it after it is installed:

Look for the Role that you want to assign to your self to test and or debug:

and click Ok on the dialog box. So, this step leaves the main AX session that was opened with the SysAdmin role and then creates another AX session with the role that is newly assigned and that session can be used for testing/debugging. I hope this helps if any of you run into a similar issue.

Dave