XMLPort for payment

Hello all,

First off, I have very little NAV experience so what I am asking may be very basic. If so, I apologize.

I am trying to integrate an external app I have to NAV and the application can apply a payment to a customer. I am trying to figure out which table I need to point my XMLPort to to accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Mike,

Well I don’t really think that I would point this to any existing table. I think I would create a payment buffer table and store it here. Then I would create a function transfer the buffer table into general journal lines using the appropriate validate field triggers to populate the right fields. Finally I would let my function automatically post the line so that they are indeed registered as correctly applied payments.

Basically you can’t and shouldn’t apply payment lines directly to the payment tables (customer ledger entry and detailed customer ledger entry tables), primary because you would not only need to update these tables but also a lot of other places. You should always use the existing standard posting codeunits to update standard entry tables. Here we are talking about legal tables and if this is not done 100% correctly, then you and your company might have a huge liability problem.

My solution might not sound as simple as you had hoped, but trust me, it’s a lot simpler than updating the all the tables directly.

you mention “existing standard posting codeunits”, which codeunits are these?

Hi Mike,

Try codeunit 231 “Gen. Jnl.-Post”.

Regards,

-TR-

Hi Mike,

Codeunit 231 “Gen. Jnl.-Post”

Regards,

-TR-