WHT IN PHILIPPINES VERSION

Hi Guys,

Does WHT set up on Philippines really work?

We tried to Post Payment from customer but there is no journal entry for Witholding tax. Our Realized WHT type is “Payment”.

Please help us, as we need to post WHT this month.

Thanks

Yes! likewise, it doesn’t work also when I tried it.

I hope there’s someone who can suggest us if how we can post the WHT.

Pls give us feedback as soon as possible on this matter.

Questions about WHT problems in Phillipines have been posted rather regularily earlier. Seemingly there are issues/bugs in Phillipine localisation.

Unfortunately, these can be solved by users / Partner companies from that region, who are familiar with the exact localised version, as forum members from the other parts of world do not know anything about it. That for this and other threads about Phillipine WHT stay unanswered.

All of you encountering those problems should in the first place contact your Partners for help - it is their direct duty to help their clients and deal with the localisation issues/inaccuracies/bugs, if such exist. If it turns out to be only setup problem, again Partners must explain, how to do it correctly.

I’m not sure if you have already figured this out yet since it has been a while from your post, but I think I have found an answer for your problem.

I’m using Thai localization which I suppose is based on the same APAC WHT localization as the Philippines one.

The problem you’ve mentioned is actually not a problem with the system but a problem with a configuration in WHT Posting Setup.

When a Cash receipt general journal line for payment is being posted, the system will check that the WHT Posting Setup contains a combination of WHT Business posting group and WHT Product posting group that exist in WHT Posting Setup. When you enter a payment line in the cash receipt journal with “Account Type” of customer & “Account No.” of Customer No. for applying payment to, the system will get a “WHT Business Posting Group” from Customer Card, however, it won’t get any “WHT Product posting” group from anywhere.

As a result, your cash receipt journal line will have a combination of blank WHT Product Posting Group and a valid WHT Bus. Posting Group.

If there aren’t any line in WHT Posting Setup which matches this combination, the system will skip WHT posting on payment.

The solution for this is to simply add a new line in WHT Posting Setup with all WHT Business Posting Group per line & blank WHT Product Posting Group for each line with “Realized WHT Type” of Payment and “WHT Minimum Invoice Amount”. You don’t need to add any data to the other fields.

It also took me a while to discover this and it would be a whole lot better if Microsoft provides a clearer documentation on how to use these kind of “standard” localized features.