voucher dubicate

i dont know how i can fix these proplem i needd the voucher number not dublicate what i can do to fix this proplem in axapta 3.0

Hi Ahmed,

I have had this problem before, I don’t knwo what voucher you are trying to create. I will make the assumption that it is a vendor journal payment for example. First port of call should probably be, finding out the voucher series - Go to Ledger - Setup - Journals - Journal Names - Find journal type. Then go to Gernal Tab and locate voucher series - right click - go to main table. Make sure the “Next” Corresponds with the last voucher created, checkt the last journal for this.

If you have already created the journal lines and are “Stuck”, then depending on what you are trying to do, right click on form - go to setup - then go and find the field with the voucher number, and find the data source. Go to the table, find the voucher number with duplicates. Then go and find the number sequence for the journal (basic - setup - number sequences) and change the next value to 2/3 digits after i.e. if it is 100 change to 103. then go back to the table with voucher series, change the duplicate voucher series to say in this case 102 save, go out and re-post voucher or do whatever was causing the problem.

Hopefully that would have helped, however if you are not sure / dont have access prob best to ask your admin / gold partner

Nik

Hi Nik,

Please clarify that regarding the above way, you say that to manually change the duplicate voucher created for journal in table level by looking the next number in that corresponding number sequence group and then try to post again.

Any permanent way to avoid such problem in AX 2009 or any fixes are there for these continous type number sequence issues.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Kayak,

Thats what I had done before and it had worked, make sure to reset the number sequence to the next number after posting the journal. Not 100% sure how to avoid this, in AX2009 or if there is a hot fix roll-up. We believed that in our case it was user error.

Thanks

Nik

Hi Kayak,

I face the same problem in Ax2009. Did you found any solution for it. In my case, i cannot uncheck continous or change the next value. Pl let me know if there is any fixes or permanent soln.

Thank you